We have finally crossed the midpoint in terms of recorded interviews for the SG50 Project! Thanks to the help of Dr. Vincent Pang from Tan Tock Seng Hospital, we have managed to complete interviews for the following:
- Dr. Ling Moi Lin – Singapore General Hospital.
- Dr. Jeffery Cutter – Ministry of Health.
- Dr. Andrea Kwa – Singapore General Hospital.
- Prof. Annelies Wilder-Smith – Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.
- Dr. Mavis Yeo – Singapore General Hospital (retired).
- Dr. David Allen – Dallas, Texas.
- Prof. Leo Yee Sin – Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Dr. Brenda Ang – Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Ms. Zuraidah binte Sulaiman – Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Mr. Harbhajan Singh – Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
We had to interview Dr. David Allen – who many acknowledge as the “Father of Infectious Diseases” in Singapore – via Skype. The sound quality was terrible, but his personality shone through. Here is an excerpt, where he provides a laundry list of what he thinks are the qualities of an infectious diseases physician. More aspirational than achievable for most of us, I think.