November 5, 2016 — hsuliyang
World Antibiotic Awareness Week (Singapore)
World Antibiotic Awareness Week – an annual campaign supported by the World Health Organization – will take place in two weeks time, from 14th to 20th November 2016. The aim of the campaign is to “increase awareness of global antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public, health workers and policy makers to avoid the further emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance”.
There will be several activities taking place before and during the week itself in Singapore, including:
- Mainstream media engagement and public education:
- Radio spots (938Live) next week.
- Opinion pieces in local newspapers during the week itself.
- Social media engagement through:
- Facebook posts.
- Blog posts, including this blog and Singapore SLING (Dr Clarence Tam’s NUS blog).
- Publication(s) in digital journal(s).
- Dr Clarence Tam’s team will be setting up an educational/experiential booth for children and adults at Jurong Regional Library from 12th to 18th November.
- Events in multiple local hospitals throughout the week (NUH, NTFGH, SGH, TTSH among others) including talks and awards.
- Distribution of AAW tokens and mementos within hospitals and at Jurong Regional Library.
More updates and photos during the week itself…